McEvoy's Biographical Info
The Homepage, Poetry & Artwork of Steven R. McEvoy
aka About Me!
This is my homepage but most of my web presence is on my blog, Book Reviews and More. It is a collection of my published and unpublished writing, mostly book reviews, with a few articles and reflection's. If you want to poke around here the key sections are Poetry, Artwork, and Lists or return Home.
Name: Steven R. McEvoy
Born: South Eastern Ontario
Interest: Rugby, Reading, Writing, Poetry, Winter Sports,
Water Sports, Working out, Hiking, Camping.
Who are you?
What do you want?
Where are you going?
Who do you serve?
Who do you trust?
1. To get enough sleep.
2. To eat right & Exercise daily.
3. To refuse to be a perfectionist.
4. To carefully control finances.
5. To ask for help when needed.
6. To pray and read the Bible daily.
7. To not pressure self into planning
entire life today.
9 Tips from Blessed Alvaro
Pastoral Letters, May, and August 1984
Try to perform my work with perfection, day after day.
Do all I can to help, to serve the others, affectionately.
Predict what they want and hasten to provide it.
Help them with my smile, especially when they are overburdened with work.
Be interested in their affairs.
Overlook their quirks, and do not allow the differences to upset the pleasant atmosphere.
Forgive, moderate judgments with supernatural understanding and genuine tolerance.
Make fraternal correction.
In summary: LOVE the people I live (work) with, in deed and in truth!
To live life to the full, while finding balance between
body, mind and spiritual development .
To love and serve God, well all of my days .
"Eight Principles to Live Your Life by:
1. I will do all things as unto the lord.
2. I will live in the light of the judgement seat of Christ.
3. I will consider my weaker brother in all I do.
4. I will do nothing unless I'm sure that it's right to do.
5. I will do all things to the glory of my God.
6. I will avoid what may appear wrong even if I know it's not.
7. I will abstain from things which culd enslave me.
8. I will seek always to do what I believe Jesus would do."
-Dr. James MacDonald
2 Brothers, Robert James & John Mitchell
Step Brother, David
Step Sister, Nichole
I am the Oldest of the 6.
"Give and Forgive"
The McEvoy Clan Motto
MacLennan Clan from my maternal side is
"Dum Spiro Spero" In Latin
"Fhads is beo bin dochas" in Gaelic
"While I have breath I have hope